Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's All In The Letters


   It's all in the letters!
  
        You know the business saying, it is always all about the numbers? In my opinion politics and our choice of who to support are always all about the letters. D,R, or I are always somewhere on any piece of legislation that is debated and voted on in our form of government. The person or persons who have proposed this bill are designated by their political affiliation. Democrat, Republican, or Independent will be stated somewhere. I personally really like this system. It is a shame that with the mood of the country we very seldom have more than one letter on any piece of legislation but maybe we will see an end to that in my lifetime. I plan on living for a few more decades so there is that possibility. The reason I do like the system is because you can match the letter with the proposals and what they request. It doesn't take a genius to connect the dots. Let me give you an example.
        There are 22 states with right to work laws in affect. Of those 22 states there is a R in front of the Governors of 21 of them. If you have been paying attention to the presidential debates going on you have heard all of the participants voice their approval of "RTW" laws. I might point out that at this time 7 of the 10 poorest states in America are RTW states. Now who do you think are benefitting from lack of unions in those places? You connect the dots. These are facts folks not rhetoric. We are fighting not only for union rights but workers rights. What is good for labor is good for America plain and simple. A vibrant economy can not be sustained with minimum wage jobs. Do not be timid when this subject is brought up with friends and neighbors.  
         If that sounds like I have made up my mind who to work for in the coming elections you would be correct. All I had to do was connect the dots. I hope you participate as well. We will be looking for volunteers.
      
 
          Ed Gorman
         Legistrative chair Br. 30

No comments:

Post a Comment