Sunday, July 18, 2010

Up and Running

It seems that the busier we get, the busier we make ourselves. All the technology available in the world certainly makes it easy for you to choose just how much information you can handle in a day. The internet has been a boon to me; once I was just satisfied with reading the 2 Columbia papers, the St Louis Post-Dispatch, the Kansas City Star, and on occasion, the USA Today. I have the ability to read the best newspapers the world-over now, and I take advantage to read the Washington Post and New York Times as often as possible. In truth, nothing beats actually holding the paper in my hands and reading, but the internet does save some time. And at $2 a copy (locally) for the New York Times, some money.

The blog aspect of this may take some time for me to get wholly used to; contrary to popular belief, I do still carry a route and my free time is probably no better than the time you may have. I am completely sure that I won't have anything of substance to say on every day. It involves me waiting until I am done for the day and at home- sometimes something I may have thought of talking about during the day becomes something I have talked myself out of by the time I sit down to type. So, it is a learning process. I am just glad we have decided to get involved. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Kevin, and all involved with bringing MoSALC into the 21st century, great job! Missouri State Association's presence on the World Wide Web is a welcome, and valuable communication tool for Missouri letter carriers. I have already bookmarked the link and I look forward to reading your postings. Your commitment of time, effort and energy is appreciated.

    Best Regards,

    Gary Mills
    Rolla, Missouri

    ReplyDelete